The Lightest Jacket with L2 Protection
Lighter SAS-TEC level 2 armours + a special blend of mesh & fabrics, make the Spencer kit 800 gms lighter than the closest L2 competition.
The SAS-TEC armours are made from VISCOELASTIC FOAM WITH MEMORY EFFECT i.e. after an impact or any kind of deformation the foam (protector) returns to its original shape immediately. Contrary to hard shell protectors, styrofoam damper or many other dampening materials, SAS-TEC protectors reacts promptly and without any time delay even to minor impacts. The energy absorption goes almost linear, which keeps the impact forces to the human body at a low level.
Comfort & Ventilation during long rides
Spencer is designed with strategically placed mesh panels on the body’s hot spots to maximize air flow to these areas.
This is further enhanced by using highly ventilated Sas-Tec level 2 armours that allow sufficient air to pass through keeping you cool throughout the ride.
Even the pocket construction and placement on the jacket is such that it does not hinder air flow.
External cordura layer on impact zones
The Spencer uses highly abrasion & tear resistant Cordura Nylon 6 6 shell on all impact zones.
This specialized nylon fabric is highly durable with a UV resistant coating to provide additional protection against UV degradation. This is further complemented by a second layer of ripstop fabric underneath for enhanced abrasion resistance.
Level 2 Armours for superior protection
Though the Spencer is a street mesh jacket, it offers protection that surpasses the L2 standards by a significant margin - without compromising on comfort.
The armours have high absorbability despite low density compared to hard shell protectors or materials containing silicone which are considerably more heavy and reduce the wearing comfort. The density of SAS-TEC foam is about 280 g/l (~74% lower) vs. hard shells which in contrast have an average density of 1050 g/l. The CE-approved level 2 protectors of SAS-TEC remain up to 50 per cent better vs. the legal values of the norm EN 1621.
ViaTerra's proprietary FocusFit™ design
Having a great set of Level 2 armour is meaningless if they are not in the right position during a crash. We have designed the exoskeleton of the Spencer to sit close to the body in riding position and stay in place without needing multiple ongoing adjustments.
Not only that, the SAS TEC CE level 2 armours are MULTI IMPACT COMPLIANT i.e. protector keeps its full functional capability despite multiple impacts. So unlike many other dampening materials (such as styrofoam (EPS), silicone or foam of inferior quality), impacts or high pressure do not destroy the protector even when the same area is affected repeatedly. Hence the SAS-TEC foam comes with a life expectancy of ten years vs. product life of two to three years for other protector options available.
Ergonomics designed for riding position
The ergonomics of the Spencer jacket is designed to offer practicality and ease of use keeping in mind the riding posture.
This ensures best fit in the riding position to help reduce fatigue during longer ride days.
Best in class coverage with 180 pant connector
Did you know that the Viaterra Spencer Riding Jacket and Pant feature matching 180-degree zipper connectors? These connectors are longer and more robust than what's available on other riding gear in this category.
This offers improved lumbar protection by holding a wider section of the jacket and pants together.
It limits the separation between garments due to body movements and keeps the armour and abrasion-resistant materials closer to their intended protective positions at all times ensuring the jacket and pants don't ride apart during a crash.
Stay fresh with odor treated inner mesh
To inhibit bacterial growth and to absorb odor molecules & neutralize them, we have used FRESHON coating on the inner mesh. The Freshon coating uses natural anti-bacterial properties of silver to neutralise the odour causing bacteria that come in contact with the jacket. With this durable textile finishing technology, the Spencer riding jacket will stay fresher for longer by keeping the bacteria away, so you stay fresh for longer during the ride.
100% Waterproof mobile pocket
Well positioned and easily accessible pocket in the front for keeping your mobile safe and dry
Easy access front pocket
The unconventional pocket placement in the jacket design makes it easily accessible while seated on the bike.
This helps to keep cash/ credit card handy for quick fuel stops - the most common use case scenario.
Enhanced visibility with well placed reflectives
Strategically placed reflectives to provide enhanced visibility during night rides while balancing aesthetics for day rides
Original YKK™ Throughout
Spencer uses the world-class Original YKK™ zippers & pullers for extra durability and smooth operation all THROUGHOUT.
Things to keep in mind to ensure the measurements are taken correctly
- It will be helpful to have a family member or a friend take the measurements
- Please use flexible tape only, like a tailor’s tape
- All the measurements must be in the same units, whether cm or inches
- You should preferably be wearing base layers while taking measurements, and avoid anything bulky
STEP 1 - Measure using a tailor's tape
There are two key measurements that you need to take into consideration for figuring out your jacket size.
A) Chest - Wrap the tape measure around the widest part of the chest and do not inhale while taking the measurement. Tape measure over your chest should be comfortable i.e. not too tight or loose. Keep your arms loose on the sides, and breathe in normally.
B) Waist - Measure the circumference of your waist over the belly button. Keep the tape parallel to the ground, not too loose or too tight.
STEP 2 - Find your jacket size by checking measurements against the size chart provided
- If both the measurements do not fall in one particular size - use the larger of the two measures to choose the jacket size.
- If the two measurements are on the border line between two sizes, choose the one that offers a preferred fit i.e. sporty fit (lower size) or comfort fit (higher size) depending on your preference.
Remember, each brand has its own body size charts, so do check the chart before you select the size.
Please browse through the product video section to watch a video explaining these steps.
How to check if the armour is in the right position and how to make adjustments to ensure the armours stay in place?
If you are trying it on at the store, wear it for 5-10 min to get comfortable in it. Keep in mind that the Spencer is designed to work best in the riding posture with the arms forward. So other movements could feel restrictive.
STEP 1 - Confirm that the armours are in the correct position The jacket fit should be such that the armours are in the anatomically correct position. Since we are all unique, this could mean that the elbow armour might be slightly off in some cases depending on length of your arms.
STEP 2 - Ensure the armours are properly positioned. - In case the jacket fit is correct but the elbow armour is slightly off, use the cinching mechanism to adjust the elbow armour and bring it closer to your body. - To do so, first make sure the ladderlock is not on the same line as the webbing. Pull the ladderlock slightly away from the body, and simply pull it away from the loop to tighten or towards the loop to loosen. You also have cinch straps on the hips for adjustment. Click here to watch a video explaining these steps
Keep in mind that the Spencer is designed to work best in the riding posture with the arms forward. So other movements could feel restrictive.
- Even the best of protective armour is of no use if it is not in the right place. The exoskeleton of the Spencer Mesh Riding Jacket is designed to sit close to the body to ensure that the armour stays in position without needing constant adjustment. The placement of armour in your riding jacket is just as important as the type of armour used.
- We deisgned the Spencer Jacket carefully to ensure that the SAS-TEC CE Level 2 armour is placed at (and stays in) the correct position when you're riding your motorcycle.
- The Viaterra Spencer offers superior impact protection and abrasion resistance despite being an extremely light and well-ventilated riding jacket. We achieved this by using a combination of a special blend of mesh and fabric in the construction of the jacket, as well as by using premium SAS-TEC CE Level 2 protectors for the elbows, shoulder and back.
- Spencer is designed to allow maximum ventilation in all key areas as determined by the body heat map. We even made sure that the inner lining of our jacket pockets (except the waterproof one) are made of mesh so that it does not inhibit the flow of air when you're on the move.
- The inner lining of the jacket is also treated with an anti-microbial and odour neutralising coating so that you can stay more fresh even on your longer rides. Try one on today, and you will immediately understand what a huge difference this makes to the comfort of the rider.
RISK FREE RETURNS
Concerned that you might not like what you get? While we are extremely confident that you will be more than satisfied with our riding jacket, we understand that sometimes you might be looking for something different. Not to worry, we offer a zero risk trial within 3 days from the date of delivery. And no, you don't need to pay for the return shipping. Please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further queries or need clarifications.
FREE SIZE EXCHANGE
Worried about the wrong size if you buy online? You can exchange for size within 3 days from the date of delivery at ZERO cost – yup, we will get the riding jacket picked up from your address and send a replacement once we receive them in an unused condition. Please write to us on email@example.com if you have any further queries or need clarifications.
Level 2 Armour for superior impact protection - Sas-Tec armours designed with special material that harden on impact while absorbing the energy but remain soft & flexible.
- Sas-Tec Shoulder Level 2 armour set
- Sas-Tec Elbow Level 2 armour set
- Sas-Tec Back Level 2 armour
- SAS-TEC Chest Level 1/ Lever 2 armour (optional)
180 Pant connector - Best in class coverage with 180 pant connector
YKK Zippers - Original YKK zippers & pullers for extra durability and smooth operation of zips. ergonomics designed for riding position.
Viaterra's proprietary FocusFit
Lightest L2 jacket with L2 protection
Excellent Comfort and ventilation during long rides
Body armours/ protectors must always be removed before starting the washing process
CLEAN & CARE:
- For dirt and stains, clean with a soft-bristled brush and lukewarm water (DO NOT USE HOT WATER)
- DO NOT allow your jacket to come in contact with solvents (do not use fabric softener!), fuel, or cleaning agents.
- DO NOT use any kind of CHEMICAL or ALCOHOL-BASED product. For longer life of the fabric, we recommend hand washing the jacket using mild detergent
- Do not place your jacket near, or come in contact with a direct heat source
- Dry the jacket on a hanger away from direct sunlight where there is good ventilation.
- Zippers need to be cleaned and lubricated regularly - you can use vaseline or candle wax
- Make sure your jacket is completely dry before you store it on a hanger.
- If stored wet or in a non-ventilated area as it allows mildew to grow on the fabric causing discoloration and damage
- Do not store the jacket in air-tight plastic bags
We provide a 12 months warranty against defects in materials or craftsmanship if purchased directly from us or from an authorized dealer. Please click on Warranty policy and choose the relevant category for further details.
Lifetime repair support
Fabrics fade, zippers get stuck, plastic fittings break – a few things that could happen with usage. We believe in extending the life of our products so that we use lesser natural resources and you get more bang for your buck. Please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any help with repairs or have any questions!
Great product from Viaterra team...
It's very light and perfectly suited for Indian summers and by adding rainproof jacket and pants, even for monsoon. The SAStech protectors are light and become soft with body heat to take the shape of the body when riding which makes it ergonomically great and barely feel it but still protect being Level 2. Should have added the option to zip in Winter liners and Viaterra should introduce them with Winter liners to make it all weather apparel esp Indian winters. Using them with thermal inners and is manageable in the month of Nov.
Still a great product from Viaterra
I was looking for a mesh jacket and was very particular about the FIT and how the arbors were placed. I tried out multiple products available in the market however was not pleased either with their material or fit.
I wanted to give a try to Viaterra Spencer and spoke with Vishal @ Viaterra team who helped me with the right size after a brief video call for measurement.
Here is my feedback after 1000 kms of riding..
1. Phenomenal fit. The armours are exactly where it is supposed to be. Comes with CE Level 2 armours at Back, shoulders and elbow.
2. Mesh material very airy for Indian riding conditions.
3. No friction Zone at Neck or wrist.
4. Stretch material at the shoulders helps with long rides.
Highly recommend this product for any one looking for a premium motorcycle riding jacket. For Viaterra Team, Keep up the good work and please come up with more colour options.
Premium Quality , Value for money.!
I bought Spencer Mesh Jacket with Level 2 armour on April 2022.It worth every penny. I tried several jackets with Level 2 Armour, but I felt much discomfort with the weight and bulkiness.. But this Spencer jacket is very light , comfortable to wear and the fit is just incredible. Especially the air circulation.
Now I am planning to buy Spencer riding pants when ever the stock is available.
Also I am using a Viaterra Tailbag Claw -Mini, which is a must buy for solo trips.-Solid and very much practical.
International quality mesh jacket, proudly made in india
I was on the lookout for a street mesh jacket and was not happy with the offerings below 10k as they felt heavy and rough. I was ready to stretch the budget but then the brands such as Eclipse, Taichi and Dainese expected me to spend additionally on armour inserts.
Spencer was launched at the right time for me and I took a leap of faith in ordering online without even trying the fit/material. Viaterra team was very approachable in answering my queries and even helped me choose the right size based on my measurements.
Overall feedback after using over 200 kms
+ Solid product, light enough for city usage(happy using it in Indian summer)
+ Feels premium, no rough edges and quality is top notch
+ Light weight with all the protectors, I forget there is even a back protector when wearing
+ Fit and finish is perfect for my body
+ soft materials have been used near neck, wrists avoiding friction
What could be better?
- Armours are not T-/T+, although this is not a deal breaker for street mesh jacket.
- Nitpicking, should have had customisation like munro