Meets CE Level 1 & exceeds Level 2 for key metrics
Palm Abrasion Protection as measured by mean abrasion time on palm area - 3.5X Level 2 standard
Knuckle Impact Protection as measured by mean transmitted peak force on the knuckles - 3X Level 2 standard
Wrist Closure Resistance measured as force held for 30 seconds - Meets Level 2 standard
Impact Protection that is comfortable
Dual Density hard TPU protectors are provided to absorb impact on knuckles.
For the right fit, the knuckle protectors are configured in 2 sizes to offer better coverage for small & large hands.
An additional memory foam layer is placed under the knuckle protector with enhanced coverage for added comfort.
Patented KNOX SPS 303 for scaphoid protection
Knox Scaphoid Protection System (SPS) on the palm to eliminate the grab effect that occurs when the palm contacts the road.
Holeshot uses the KNOX SPS 303, made from a layer of Knox's latest abrasion-resistant LDPE material.
We chose the low-profile KNOX SPS 303 to provide protection without interference during everyday use. We worked with Knox headquarters, London to get approval for the SPS placement for the Holeshot design.
Goatskin Leather for enhanced abrasion protection
The Holeshot uses goatskin leather that is durable, light and naturally water-resistant.
We kept the thickness of the leather to the highest level possible (1.2 to 1.5mm) to ensure enhanced abrasion resistance.
Finger impact protection + accordion for comfort
The fingers on the gloves have PVC protectors and memory foam padding for impact protection.
We have also included accordion for additional stretch & comfort when operating the clutch and brake.
Excellent Ventilation & Breathability
Heavy duty 3D air mesh and perforated leather used throughout to allow maximum air flow - perfect for hot, humid Indian weather!
Silicone SuperGrip for smooth throttle operation
Grippier palms to hold bars lightly while operating throttle smoothly and without stress
Phone Friendly for both hands!
The Holeshot has special conductive leather panels strategically placed on the index finger and thumb tips of both hands - so you can operate your smartphone during quick breaks/ stops without removing the gloves!
This leather has properties that mimic a conductive path and enable easy operation of touch-sensitive electronic devices.
Extra visibility with 3M reflective piping
The Holeshot comes with 3M reflective piping on the finger accordions for added night visibility.
STEP 1 - Measure your hand using a tailor's measuring tape
There are two key measurements that you need to take into consideration for figuring out your glove size.
- Circumference - Wrap the tape measure around your palm at its widest point and lightly close your hand before taking the measurement.
- Length - Measure from the tip of the middle finger to the base of your palm at your wrist.
STEP 2 - Find your glove size by checking hand measurements against the chart provided
- If both the measurements do not fall in one particular size - use the larger of the two measures to choose the glove size.
- If the two measurements are on the border line between two sizes, try both the sizes and choose the one that offers a better fit.
STEP 1 - Confirm that the gloves are a comfortable fit. They should not be excessively tight on any finger (especially the thumb) & knuckles. To check this, try the gloves on and form a fist several times and verify if:
- Adequate room for all fingers (specially thumb) to move and operate controls comfortably.
- Check the fitment on both hands since your left and right hand sizes do vary.
While leather gloves do take some time to break in, ensure that the fit on first try is not so tight as to cause discomfort and/or restrict movement.
STEP 2 - Ensure the knuckle protectors are properly positioned. The way to check this is:
- Roll your hand into a tight fist and hold the position for 5-10 minutes. This position should be easy to hold without causing any discomfort or causing any stress points.
- Ensure that the edge of the knuckle protector is not over the knuckle when the fist is formed.
A few things to keep in mind when you start using the Holeshot mesh motorcycle riding gloves -
- Putting on and taking off may be slightly difficult, because the wrist area is narrowed down for safety reasons. This is done to prevent the gloves from coming off your hands during a crash and to offer a snug fit.
- You may find the Knox SPS on the palm to be uncomfortable in the first try. But just like any protective gear, over a period of time you will get used to it so you do not even notice it. These devices are incorporated in the gloves is to ensure you are well protected when you most need it.
- In our research, we found that the palm size and the finger length are not in the same proportion for everyone (that makes each of us unique in the truest sense!). In such cases, primary area of fitment should always be the palm area, even if you are to be left with some extra room near your fingertips.
- We have used high density TPU to maximise protection and longevity. While we have added an additional foam layer underneath the TPU, they may feel a bit too hard at the beginning. Thinner and more flexible knuckle protectors are not very effective during a crash and do not last long either.
RISK FREE RETURNS
Concerned that you might not like what you get? While we are extremely confident that you will be more than satisfied with our gloves, we understand that sometimes you might be looking for something different. Not to worry, we offer a zero risk trial within 3 days from the date of delivery. And no, you don't need to pay for the return shipping. Please write to us on email@example.com if you have any further queries or need clarifications.
FREE SIZE EXCHANGE
Worried about the wrong size if you buy online? You can exchange for size within 3 days from the date of delivery at ZERO cost – yup, we will get the gloves picked up from your address and send a replacement once we receive them in an unused condition. Please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further queries or need clarifications.
The HOLESHOT uses goat skin leather that is durable, light and naturally water resistant. The thickness of the leather is kept high for enhanced abrasion resistance.
CE Level 1 Protection:
We chose the low profile KNOX SPS 303 to provide protection without interference during everyday use. For the right fit and better coverage, the knuckle protectors are configured in 2 sizes to work well for small & large hands. The fingers on the gloves have memory foam padding along with PVC protectors for impact protection.
Holeshot surpasses Level 2 standards for the knuckle, palm and wrist to ensure maximum safety on your daily commutes!
- Palm Abrasion Protection as measured by mean abrasion time on palm area - 3.5X Level 2 standard
- Knuckle Impact Protection as measured by mean transmitted peak force on the knuckles - 3X Level 2 standard
- Wrist Closure Resistance measured as force held for 30 seconds - Meets Level 2 standard
Excellent Ventilation & Breathability:
Heavy duty 3D air mesh and perforated leather used throughout to allow maximum air flow - perfect for hot, humid Indian weather!
We have also included accordion on the fingers for additional stretch & comfort when operating the clutch and brake. An additional memory foam layer is placed under the knuckle protector with enhanced coverage for added comfort.
Our gloves use full-grain goat leather that is naturally water-resistant. However, when leather gets wet, the oils get stripped from the leather – this will stiffen the leather and eventually cause it to crack. Think of it as your skin after taking a bath – you need to moisturize to replace the natural oils in your skin removed by the water. So, what matters for your gloves is what you do after it gets wet. Here is a step by step process to keep your glove well cared for and last longer.
- Microfiber/ soft cloth
- Small bowl or mixing cup
- Absorbent towels
- Soft-bristled brush
- pH neutral leather cleaner
- Leather conditioner
- Lukewarm water
How to clean riding gloves?
1. In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix a portion of leather cleaner in lukewarm water.
2. Dampen a microfiber cloth with the mixture and gently wipe the stained areas. If the gloves have mud splatters, allow the mud to dry before attempting to clean it away. Use a soft-bristled brush to brush it away before cleaning with cloth.
3. Clean the gloves starting at the wrist and working toward each fingertip. Be sure to clean well between each finger. Keep moving to a clean area of the cloth as the dirt is transferred. 4. Rinse the cloth often as the dirt is transferred. Turn the gloves over and repeat on the other side.
4. DO NOT USE HOT WATER
5. DO NOT allow your gloves to come in contact with solvents (do not use fabric softener!), fuel, or cleaning agents.
6. DO NOT use any kind of CHEMICAL or scrub the leather
7. Do not use a washing machine or high-pressure devices to clean the gloves, as high temperatures and pressure will damage the leather.
How to dry wet gloves?
1. Dry the gloves by pressing softly with an absorbent towel after cleaning. You can also do this when your gloves get wet in the rain.
2. Allow damp gloves to dry slowly, as this will prevent the leather from stiffening and cracking.
3. Never dry wet gloves with a blow-dryer or put them on a radiator or direct sunlight or other heat source to dry – this will harden the leather and lead to damage. Also dry the gloves indoors away from direct sunlight where there is good ventilation.
4. While your gloves are drying, periodically put them on your hands to stretch the leather and ensure they don't shrink.
5. Just before the gloves are completely dry, put the gloves on and shape them to your hand while still damp. Remove the gloves gently, trying to retain this shape in the gloves and allow it to continue drying.
How to condition gloves?
After the gloves are completely dry, apply a good quality leather conditioner. This is very important. Properly treated and conditioned (oiled) leather will breathe and the internal microfibers will move freely in the leather.
1. Use a good quality leather conditioner that will allow the leather to breathe.
2. Apply conditioner and rub it into the leather.
3. Allow the conditioner to soak into the gloves and reapply (if needed).
4. Wipe off any excess conditioner and make sure the gloves are not slick on the motorcycle controls.
How to store riding gloves?
When gloves are stored wet or in a non-ventilated area, this may cause deformations and ruin your gloves, not to mention this allows mildew to grow on the leather causing discoloration and damage.
1. Make sure that your gloves are completely dry before you store them.
2. Place them in a breathable cotton bag to protect them from dust but with enough air circulation to prevent mildew from forming.
3. Store them in a cool, dry, well ventilated area
We offer a 12 month warranty on manufacturing and material defects. Our gloves are made in the same factories that manufacture for top brands like Dainese, Alpinestars, Furygan, RevIt, etc. Please click Warranty policy for details.
Minor repairs of opened stitches, velcro etc due to normal wear and tear can be done at a reasonable charge. Send us an email with pictures so we can determine if the gloves can be repaired or not. Please click Repair policy for details.
These gloves are a very good pair of gloves for my daily commutes during the summer months. The ventilation is so good, your hands will freeze during cooler months of the year!!
Leather is soft and the fit and finish on the gloves is what you expect from Viaterra. Have ridden for about 2000kms and gloves needed no time to break in. Love the D ring wrist closure as it let's me tighten exactly how I want it to.
I have the viaterra grid full gauntlet gloves too and this is my 2nd pair from viaterra.
The silicone grip patch on the palm are a nice addition and I'm sure they will last me a long time.
Although I would like to see a visor wipe and some more padding on the thumb and pinky finger and some stretch in the fingers on the Holeshot in the next update similar to grid gloves.
Team made sure I got the perfect fit. I was going to select a size small but the team helped me to secure a perfect size.
Material and stiching are of high quality. Order process to delivery was a great experience.
The gloves quality is perfect and feel good in hand. It will take time to get used to it. The parcel delivered in a very good condition and prior they asked for the size measurement which I appreciate. The gloves are light weight, secured.
I have been using this for last 2 years. This is my first semi gauntlet gloves and this is the best semi gauntlet gloves available in the market for sure. The quality is top notch, light weight. It have decent amount of ventilation. And the touchscreen pad is working fine till now.
And they will contacted me to finalise the perfect size as well.
Comfortable, great build.