Fits and works on almost all motorcycles
Suitable for 2-3 week long trip and you can mount additional luggage/ tents/ sleeping bags etc using the MOLLE LOOP system.
Use compression straps on top of the bag to hold your gear snugly in place especially when the bag is not fully packed.
Easy to open and pack
Main compartment with wide top U-opening for easy packing & access
Simple to operate and access your stuff
Constructed with large No 8 zippers which are easy to grab & operate even with riding gloves
Multiple pockets to neatly organize and store your stuff
- 2 side pockets to carry fuel, tools, bottles, or other quick-access items – capacity is big enough to take a 5L jerry can
- 1 easy access zipper pocket on the top to keep bike papers, wallet, maps or other small/flat items etc.
- 1 inside mesh zipper pocket to keep memory cards or other small items
Extra visibilty even with raincover
- Original 3M Reflectosafe tape on rear and sides for visibility in low light conditions
- Raincover constructed from a single fabric piece for superior waterproofing with reflective sticker for additional visibility
No requirement for any additional stays or racks
- 4 Point anchoring system makes it a breeze to load and unload
- Specially chosen mount positions for better stress distribution with higher dual side adjustment to reduce forward lean
Foam padding on all sides for better shape retention with plastic reinforcement along the outer shell
Bottom bumpers secured to the bottom to protect the bag fabric from abrasion when placed on the ground
Built to last:
- Triple stitch on all joints for improved strength
- Bar tacked at all stress points for added reinforcement
- Tough, tear-resistant polyester webbing used all through
- Nylon thread for all stitching as it has a higher strength to linear density ratio (Tenacity) than polyester thread.
- External Raincover constructed from a single fabric piece for superior waterproofing
- Soft plush interior lining in gray color for better visibility of packed items
Original & authentic materials:
- Heavy duty YKK™ (the world's best!) is used across our range - pullers, sliders & tape - for extra durability and smooth operation on all zips. You can check the underside of the slider for the embossed “YKK” logo.
- We use genuine 3M™ Scotchlite™, a pioneer in retroreflective technology based tapes that helps improve visibility under low light conditions so that your safety is enhanced.
- ISO certified fittings manufactured from virgin plastics rather than recycled plastics for optimized & long lasting performance
Specially chosen mount positions for better stress distribution with higher dual side adjustment to reduce forward lean
- 4 Point anchoring system makes it a breeze to load and unload
- One strap goes under the tail lamp to prevent the bag from sliding forward
- Two straps loop through the rear footpeg stays to secure the bag in place
- Simple Double-D ring mounting and does not require any additional stays/racks
- Removable shoulder strap for easy movement off the bike
- 2 side grab handles for adjusting the bag during mounting or removing the bag easily when unmounting
If our product does not meet your needs, our 3-day return policy gives you the option of returning items you have purchased from us. Please click on the Returns policy and choose the relevant category for more details.
If you want to exchange the product(s), you can pick any item(s) for an equivalent amount or pay the difference for a higher priced item. Please write to us on email@example.com for further details on the same.
Capacity: ~70 liters
Weight: 1.9 kg
- 1200D fabric exterior with eva for long lasting performance,
- 300D x 300D rip-stop fabric with PU/WR coating,
- 70D x 70D inner lining with PVC coating
Zippers & Pullers: Only genuine YKK™ sliders and zipper tape is used in all our products. You can check the underside of the slider for the embossed “YKK” logo.
Original 3M Reflectives: We use genuine 3M™ Scotchlite™ retro-reflective tapes (reflects light back to source with minimum scattering) that helps improve visibility under low light conditions so that your safety is enhanced.
Fittings: We source these from certified ISO vendors who manufacture from virgin plastics rather than recycled plastics for optimized performance.
Webbing: Tough, tear-resistant polyester webbing used all through
Thread: We use Nylon-6 thread in our products – this is much stronger than polyester thread.
Please follow the below steps to make your bags last for a long time!
1. Remove bags from the bike when not in use to avoid fabric fading
2. Wipe clean with a damp cloth using mild soap & water
3. Do not use any fabric stain removers, bleach or any chemicals for cleaning.
4. If there are stains which you are not able to remove using a damp cloth, use a soft bristled brush soaked in a mild pH neutral soap and rinse off using cold water. Please note that using the brush could lead to piling which will not be covered under warranty.
5. Allow to air dry thoroughly before storing in a shaded area
6. Store away from the sun & other heat sources
7. Dry-cleaning or machine washing or using a clothes dryers or hand/dhobi washing or soaking will void the warranty as this will damage the special coatings that the fabric has.
8. Do not alter the product or get it repaired at an unauthorized repair centre as this will void the warranty.
9. When you are storing the bag, please do not fold, or roll or otherwise stuff the item into a smaller space/container as this will damage the coating and void the warranty.
We provide a 12 months warranty against defects in materials or craftsmanship if purchased directly from us or from an authorized dealer. Please click on Warranty policy and choose the relevant category for further details.
Lifetime repair support
Fabrics fade, zippers get stuck, plastic fittings break – a few things that could happen with usage. We believe in extending the life of our products so that we use lesser natural resources and you get more bang for your buck. Please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any help with repairs or have any questions!
Long edge: 69 cm
Wide edge: 35 cm
Height: 41 cm
The product is very good and the quality wise the best one for the bike trips, it will comfortably suits for any bike without any issues
Bought this bag for my spiti ride. Straps are very sturdy. Bag will be secured like its glued to seat. Rain cover helped me to get rid of mud dust. Design is perfect sothat weight is balanced properly. Easy to strap on and strap off. Good product!
1 wrong piece of information, regarding 5L Jerry can fitting in the side pocket. Tried both JTI Fuelmate and ones which can be mounted to ADVs. Both do not fit in.
Apart from this one niggle, this is an awesome product. Have done 20+ day trips with this.
Mine was purchased from Lets Gearup in HSR Layout, Bangalore.
I recently used the Claw on my trip to Zanskar and Ladakh.
It's a brilliant tail bag and is very easy & quick to mount. The Claw has enough space to hold luggage for a 15-day trip. The side pockets have enough space to hold a 5-L jerry can or almost all of your tools & spares.
The rain cover that comes with it is also a snug fit and covers the bag completely.
And like every product from Viaterra, the quality is top-notch.
So I have been using the first-gen Claw on my Classic 350 since 2016. I was looking for my first saddlebag/tailbag and a lot of biking forums suggested the universal Claw and I got mine in-store.
Being a noob, it was pretty interesting to see how the Claw could take everything I threw at it and inside it. Bike luggage can be confusing and nightmarish for new riders , but the Viaterra team's YouTube videos made it super easy to learn to mount and set up the bag.
A couple of overnight rides with the Claw and I was already beginning to feel that this is the best value for money purchase I had made for my touring needs.
The true test of the Claw was when for two years in a row my friends borrowed it for their Ladakh rides. Their feedback was positive, and the third year was when I took it to Ladakh myself. This thing is a beast! The quality of materials used, the thoughtful construction , pockets, storage methodology and most of all ease of mounting and removing...it is certainly a product made by bikers for bikers. At the end of a long day's ride, the last thing you want is to be struggling for oxygen and at the same time fumbling and fiddling with straps and cords and bungees and lugging the bag to your tent/room. Three straps. On and off in less than two minutes. What more can you ask for?
Later versions of the Claw came with worthwhile upgrades and while they are cool, I am happy to continue using my Claw for as many years as I can. I can cram anything into it for a day or for a 15-day ride. Without any worries.
I am not the kind to write reviews but this is something truly worth it and I would recommend this 100/100 to ann new bikers out there looking for a beast of a tailbag. Cheers to Viaterra!