External cordura layer on impact zones
The Spencer uses highly abrasion & tear resistant Cordura Nylon 6 6 shell on all impact zones.
This specialized nylon fabric is highly durable with a UV resistant coating to provide additional protection against UV degradation. This is further complemented by a second layer of ripstop fabric underneath for enhanced abrasion resistance.
Unmatched Comfort & Ventilation
Spencer is designed with strategically placed mesh panels on the body’s hot spots to maximize air flow to these areas.
This is further enhanced by using highly ventilated Sas-Tec level 2 armours that allow sufficient air to pass through keeping you cool throughout the ride.
Even the pocket construction and placement on the pants is such that it does not hinder air flow.
SAS Tec Level 2 Armours for superior lightweight protection
Though the Spencer is a street mesh pant, it offers protection that surpasses the L2 standards by a significant margin - without compromising on comfort.
Sas-Tec armours are designed with special materials that harden on impact while absorbing the energy but remain soft and flexible otherwise.
ViaTerra's proprietary FocusFitTM
The Spencer will feel like a tracksuit thanks to the engineered patterns that allow the fabric to fall effortlessly on the body.
- The pre-curved knee ensures the armour is positioned properly without bulging when the knee is bent. This also ensures that the pants do not ride up when you sit on the bike.
- We also use specialized fabric that offers 4 way stretch without the added bulk of the accordion panel. This will make even treks during your ride stops effortless.
Ergonomics designed for riding position
The construction of the groin area is such that the high stress point near the crotch is removed by adding stretch panels.
The removal of this pressure point ensures there is no stress while sitting on the bike but also allows more room to stretch when you want to get on or off the bike.
Best in class coverage with 180° pant connector
Did you know that the Viaterra Spencer Riding Jacket and Pant feature matching 180 degree zipper connectors? These connectors are longer and more robust than what's available on other riding gear in this category. This offers improved lumbar protection by holding a wider section of the jacket and pant together. It limits the separation between garments due to body movements and keeps the armour and abrasion resistant materials closer to their intended protective positions at all times ensuring the jacket and pants dont ride apart during a crash.
Stay fresh with odor treated inner mesh
To inhibit bacterial growth and to absorb odor molecules & neutralize them so you stay fresh for longer during the ride.
Easy access pockets
The pockets on the pants are designed so they are easily accessible while seated on the bike.
Safe & secure buckle closure
The pants come with a buckle offering you a safe and secure closure which is easier to operate and lasts longer than the velcro or button closure.
Enhanced visibility with well placed reflectives
Strategically placed reflectives to provide enhanced visibility during night rides while balancing aesthetics for day rides.
Original YKK™ zips
Spencer uses the world-class original YKK™ zippers & pullers THROUGHOUT for extra durability and smooth operation.
Bar tacked for added resilience
At all stress points for extra reinforcement
Things to keep in mind to ensure the measurements are taken correctly
- It will be helpful to have a family member or a friend take the measurements
- Please use flexible tape only, like a tailor’s tape
- All the measurements must be in the same units, whether cm or inches
- You should preferably be wearing base layers while taking measurements, and avoid wearing anything bulky.
STEP 1 - Measure using a tailor's tape
There are two key measurements that you need to take into consideration for figuring out your pants size.
A) High hip - Wrap the tape around your belt line. Keep the tape parallel to the ground, not too loose or too tight.
B) In seam length - Hold a hard bound book between your legs, and then measure from the top edge of the book to the ankle.
STEP 2 - Find your pants size by checking measurements against the size chart provided
- You can check the body size chart provided on our website to see which size is closest to you.
ViaTerra is the only brand offering riding pants with two in-seam lengths for each waist size - Short and Regular. So based on the in-seam measurements you can determine the type of fit for your height.
- If both the measurements do not fall in one particular size, use the in seam length to choose the pants size as waist can be adjusted using the belt-loop system provided.
Remember, each brand has its own body size charts, so do check the chart before you select the size.
Click here to watch a video explaining these steps
How to check if the armour is in the right position and how to make adjustments to ensure the armours stay in place while on the motorcycle?
If you are trying it on at the store, wear it for 5-10 min to get comfortable in it. Keep in mind that the Spencer is designed to work best in the riding posture - so other movements could feel restrictive. So check the fit of the pants on a chair or in a riding position.
STEP 1 - Check armour position
- The primary fit check has to be around the lower hip and the thighs.
- For the knee, take a seat and bend the knee. Once bent, ensure the armour is atleast 2 inch over the knee and is covering the sides of the knee equally.
- We have given a complete belt system to offer maximum adjustability around the waist. This also allows you to add the tailbone armour if you wish to.
STEP 2 - Adjust armour position
In case the pants fit is correct but the knee armour is slightly off, use the cinching mechanism to adjust and bring the armour closer to your body.
- To do so, first make sure the ladderlock is not on the same line as the webbing.
- Hold the ladderlock perpendicular to the webbing and simply pull them right or left to loosen or tighten the arms.
- You also have cinch straps on the hems for adjustment.
Click here to watch a video explaining these steps
Keep in mind that the Spencer is designed to work best in the riding posture - so other movements could feel restrictive.
- Spencer mesh riding pants are the first to offer multiple inseam lengths of the same waist size. No more slapping or adjusting the armour to compensate for the extra length of the pants.
- The Spencer mesh riding pants offer unmatched ventilation, comfort and dexterity like no other. Designed for the ride with its pre-curved knees and ergonomically placed stretch panels, the Spencer enables you to move around with ease.
- With best in class CE Level 2 protection from Sas-Tec Germany and dual layer impact zones with Cordura panels, the Spencer is ready to shield you when required. The Spencer riding pants also come with the option to include tailbone protection.
- A good fitting riding pants should fit well with no additional adjustability. The FocusFit design of the Spencer offers unmatched fit and comfort allowing the armours to sit closer to the body without causing any discomfort. This is crucial to make sure the armours are in right place during a crash to absorb impact effectively.
- The Viaterra Spencer Riding Jacket and Pant feature matching 180 degree zipper connectors. This offers improved lumbar protection by holding a wider section of the jacket and pant together preventing them from riding apart during a crash.
Please note that since this product is made to order specifically for you, it cannot be returned or exchanged for any other product. In case you have any issues with the fit, please contact us and we will do our best to resolve the issue. We are committed to providing you with the highest quality gear and ensuring that you are completely satisfied with your purchase.
Level 2 Armour for superior protection - Sas-Tec armours designed with special material that harden on impact while absorbing the energy but remain soft & flexible.
- Sas-Tec Knee Level 2 armour set
- Sas-Tec Hip Level 2 armour set
- Sas-Tec Tailbone armour (Add on)
Original YKK™ zips - Original YKK zippers & pullers for extra durability and smooth operation of zips. Safe & secure buckle closure
180 Pant connector - Best in class coverage with 180 pant connector
Dual layer Cordura on Impact zones
IMPORTANT NOTE: Body armours/ protectors must always be removed before starting the washing process
CLEAN & CARE:
- For dirt and stains, clean with a soft-bristled brush and lukewarm water
- DO NOT USE HOT WATER
- DO NOT allow your pants to come in contact with solvents (do not use fabric softener!), fuel, or cleaning agents.
- DO NOT use any kind of CHEMICAL or ALCOHOL-BASED product.
- For longer life of the fabric, we recommend hand washing the pants using mild detergent Do not place your pants near, or come in contact with a direct heat source
- Dry the pants on a hanger away from direct sunlight where there is good ventilation.
- Zippers need to be cleaned and lubricated regularly - you can use vaseline or candle wax
- Make sure your pants are completely dry before you store it on a hanger.
- If stored wet or in a non-ventilated area as it allows mildew to grow on the fabric causing discoloration and damage
- Do not store the pants in air-tight plastic bags
We provide a 12 months warranty against defects in materials or craftsmanship if purchased directly from us or from an authorized dealer. Please click on Warranty policy and choose the relevant category for further details.
Lifetime repair support
Fabrics fade, zippers get stuck, plastic fittings break – a few things that could happen with usage. We believe in extending the life of our products so that we use lesser natural resources and you get more bang for your buck. Please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any help with repairs or have any questions!
I have used this pant for about 4000 kms, which included a 2500km 8 day NE trip. Following are my observations.
- These Pants are Light. You can wear them all day without any problems. They don’t even look like traditional riding pants.
- Top notch protection.
- Only pant in this price range to provide Tail bone armour
- Long chains makes it easy to get in and out of the pants
- Ventilation is great. Summer riding is not at all that daunting anymore
- Custom fit. It’s not one size fit all, it’s your size fits you.
- Stretch fabric near crotch area keeps the movement free.
- The pockets are not as friendly as they seem to be. Good for storing documents, and receipts.
- Sometimes adjusting the knee armour can be problematic. They have a tendency to slide up instead of staying at place.