Which products are covered under the warranty policy?
Any product purchased under the below brands carry the manufacturer’s warranty.
(For ViaTerraGear gloves, please go to the bottom of this page for the relevant policy)
For all 3rd party products, ViaTerra will facilitate a return/replacement/exchange solely on the discretion of the manufacturer/distributor/reseller. Email or call us for the relevant party's contact information to assist with your claim. Please note that some manufacturers/distributors/resellers will require a proof of purchase to initiate the warranty claim.
What is covered under manufacturer’s warranty?
For ViaTerra/ Cycliste/ CarBuddy brands, we provide a 1 year warranty against defects in materials or craftsmanship if purchased directly from us or an authorized dealer. This warranty covers defective materials and craftsmanship only, and does not include damage due to normal wear and tear or misuse or failure to comply with the product instructions.
Plastic snap buttons given on some products are not covered under warranty - these are provided as a stop-gap arrangement to secure the excess webbing length. It is best to cut off the extra length of the straps as per your motorcycle & heat seal the cut ends.
For hard parts, there might be minor scratches or nicks or "anodising" wire marks that occur during the manufacturing process - these are not covered by the warranty.
Fabrics fade, zippers get stuck, plastic fittings break - a few things that could happen with usage. We believe in extending the life of our products so that we use lesser natural resources and you get more bang for your buck. In line with this, we offer a lifetime repair service. Head over to our repair policy for more details.
How can I avail warranty for my product?
If you have purchased from an authorised dealer, tax invoice is mandatory to utilize the limited warranty provisions (unless you have registered the product here). For online customers, since we have your record of sale, you do not need to register your product again.
For 3rd party products, please see below details on Warranty policy:
The HydraPak No Leak Guarantee.
Hydrapak guarantees the workmanship and materials in every product and will stand up for the use which they were designed.
Hydrapak will repair or replace, at its option, the defective part or the product at no additional charge. The No Leak™ Guarantee does not cover damage caused by normal wear and tear, natural breakdown of materials over a product lifetime, accident, improper care or cleaning, non-standard usage or negligence.
ViaTerraGear Gloves Warranty Policy
We are confident of the quality of our gloves that we are the first brand to offer a 12 month warranty on manufacturing and material defects. And we are so sure of the quality because we work closely with our partner factories in Indonesia and South Korea. Our gloves are made in the same factories that manufacture for top brands like Dainese, Alpinestars, Furygan, Rev’It, etc.
The warranty is valid for the practical lifetime of the product - this practical lifetime cannot be measured in terms of time, and can vary depending on intensity of usage, how the product is cared for, & environmental conditions.
The warranty does have some conditions and exclusions which are listed below:
- Warranty is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, and our liability is limited to repair or replacement of the product.
- Applies only to the original customer.
- If purchased online at viaterragear.com, we will have the tax invoice. If purchased through an authorised dealer, a scan of the tax invoice must accompany the claim. We recommend that you register for the warranty on our website here and upload a picture of the invoice so that you do not have to worry about finding the invoice when you need it.
- If we decide to replace the gloves, we will replace with the same product or similar product of equivalent value - no refunds or reimbursement will be made.
- Does not cover regular wear and tear that is par-for-the-course for motorcycle gloves
- Does not cover improper care, mishandling, misuse, neglect, unauthorised repairs or customizations or modifications, accidental damage.
- Does not cover contact with hot surfaces like the exhaust or nicks/cuts due to sharp objects.
- Does not cover colour fading due to exposure to the sun.
- Does not cover any consequential or incidental loss or damage.
- Does not cover products sold under stock clearance offers at a discount.
How it works:
You have to raise the warranty claim request by email with pictures of the issue and the tax invoice of the purchase. We will get in touch with you if we need more details. If we feel that the product needs closer examination, we will share pickup details and AWB with you. You just need to pack the product in a proper carton, take a print of the AWB and stick it on the box, & our courier partner will come over to pick it up from your address. We will examine the gloves once we receive it and get back to you with our assessment. If the product is covered by warranty, we will ship the replacement product to you, or if the same product is unavailable, a product of equivalent value after conferring with you.
Please note that if you do not print & use the AWB shared by us, you are liable for the return shipping cost because higher shipping rates will be applied on the package.
In case our courier partner does not service your address, you will have to ship the product back to us via SpeedPost (please pack the product carefully as we cannot take responsibility for any damage during transit) and the cost will be refunded to you.
While we will try our best to resolve the issues to your satisfaction, we retain the right to reject any claim at our discretion.
Please note that our policies might change. We will have the latest policy on our website, and we request you to refer to the same.